We're halfway through January 2019 ALREADY, which means it's November and Christmas is quickly approaching again so before we can even ponder on what didn't go right in 2018, we've stepped into 2020 and that is why you nor I can spend an ounce of time cuddling the January blues as there's way too much to DO.
Maybe you spent December living your best life in Ghana with Diggy Simmons and co. and now London life doesn't quite cut it or for the majority of us that didn't get the memo watched from IG stories. In whichever way your year ended whether high or low, there is far too much 2019 has to offer and requires you to get a move on and not wait till February to begin.
Having said that, here are a few pointers to help you exchange your January blues for January Dos.
1. Dive headfirst into the presence of God because scripture tells us in His presence is fullness of joy! (Psalm 16:11) Which means there isn't a hue of blue around! Starting the year and each day with God first, is a sure way to keep afloat.
2. What happened in 2018 or even in the last hour is now the past. Learn what you can from it and keeping persevering towards the goal, God is ready to do a new thing! (Isaiah 43:19)
3. Write the vision down! (Habbakuk 2:2) If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Putting your thoughts on paper helps you to unclog what's swimming around in your head and allows you to break the grand plan down into smaller goals.
4. You are extremely valuable but don't be selfish and think so much about yourself that you forget that this year has a lot in store for others that's linked to your obedience. I'm sure if you knew some breakthroughs were dependant on others making progress you'd be eager for them to get a move on, so be encouraged to do the same.
Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.
5. If your finances are in disarray after Decembers purchases, forgive yourself but decide to get on top this year and budget! Why not try Monzo that helps you keep track of daily spending, get yourself a ready-made budgeting template courtesy of @t0nit0ne or if in need of a financial accountability partner sign up to Rich Girl Chronicles via @bolasol.
Now you've taken note of these simple and practical ways to get yourself revved up and up to speed with 2019, apply them to your life, smile and look forward to a fantastic year ahead.
Words by Dara Olagbami